Everything that a firm does is reflected in its trademark: from the quality of its goods and services, the investment that it makes and its whole advertising image right up to the friendliness of its staff. In a world of saturated markets the trademark has become the face of a business in the market and this great asset has to be protected. Without fail. We are trademark lawyers with many years of experience in German, European and international law on trademarks and other distinguishing marks and consider it our responsibility to ensure that the individuality of our clients and their products is legally safeguarded.
Trademark law is our core business.
- We develop brand strategies for our clientele and plan the establishment of global brand portfolios.
- We defend our clients’ trademarks against “free riders” and conduct infringement proceedings against product and trademark pirates.
- By working together with customs authorities we prevent the importation of pirated goods and grey imports from third countries.
- We conduct research into the similarity of trademarks and register trademarks tailored to our clients’ requirements.
- We include our clients’ trademarks in our trademark management procedures free of charge and protect our clients’ areas of trademark law by monitoring conceivable conflict.
- We represent our clients and advise them on the whole gamut of trademark law, draft licensing and demarcation agreements and undertake the whole legal process accompanying the sale of trademarks, especially in the course of business takeovers.
- Where necessary, we conduct opposition proceedings and defend trademarks in cancellation proceedings before trademark offices and courts of law right up to the European Court of Justice (ECJ).
- Using a worldwide network of established foreign contacts we see through the protection and enforcement of our clients’ trademarks and other distinguishing marks.